Thursday, September 28, 2017

The baker's life...

If you know me, you know I used to bake. A lot. I loved it.


I'd bake cakes, pies, cupcakes (my fav!), bread, rolls, buns...you name it, I tried to bake it.

Then I kind of burned out. The peeps at my house rarely ate what I baked. I felt like I was running out of friends to pawn off my baked goods to.

So, I stopped. Cold turkey. I just didn't bake anything.

For a couple of years.

Then a few months ago I started watching The Great British Bake Off. Their pudding isn't our pudding. Their biscuits...not our biscuits. But...it was regular people competing to be the best British Home Baker.

I got that itch...the itch I used to have to create something. I usually produce art. Now, I want to produce food again.

I think I will.

Any ideas for what I should bake?





4 comments:

  1. I like to bake, when the mood strikes. Usually the big bake season around here is December for all the Christmas cookies we make. Once upon a time I was trying to master the art of making a Babka, which is a Polish sweet bread/cake with raisins. Usually contains dried fruit bits too, but I don't like the way they taste so I was omitting them. I would love to learn to make Challah Bread too. Mmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Great British Baking Show. I love most all british tv really... their reality television is so much better than U.S. They aren't stabby at each other and so supportive. I love how they hug each other when they get sent home.

    I occasionally enjoy baking -- might be perfect time of year for a pumpkin scone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baklava! We had a Syrian neighbor when I was a little girl who would make it every Fall several times up until Christmas was over. She would invite us over, or bring us some, and even bring it to church. It's a sweet memory that comes to mind every year the temps cool down and the leaves change color and begin to cover the ground. ❤~Dina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should bake some bread and give it to people. And donate for the sacrament

    ReplyDelete