Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Life in the 80's...

I was born in 1972.  I spent the majority of my time in school during the 80's.

Here are a few things that totally jump out when I think of my childhood as a kid of the 80's...

1. Pegged pants
Image result for pegged pants

Did you peg your pants? The tighter the roll, the sweeter the peg!

The precursor to skinny jeans!




Image result for permed hair 80s2.  Permed hair

Did you have permed hair? Oh, yes. And AquaNet! A total must have for any girl of the 80's.








3. Double Polo's
Image result for 2 polo shirts with both collars popped up
As if it weren't hard enough being a teen.  Add ANOTHER shirt. And, make sure both collars stand straight up. At. All. Times.





Related image4. Jelly Shoes

Ok. This is a style I saw come back recently. OMG. Why? They were a must-have in the 80's. But, oh so gross. Your feet got all sweaty and dirty. They made super weird marks on your feet. Gross.

5. Iconic Movies

Image result for back to the future
Add caption


Related image
Footloose

And many many others.

6. 80's TV

                                                           The A Team                                                  
Miami Vice                  Magnum PI
Image result for 80's tv showsImage result for 80's tv shows


To be continued....









2 comments:

  1. Ha! I remember all of these things from the 80s and high school. I was one of the weirdos in school who dressed like a hippie with really long hair so I never had jelly shoes or used hair spray but I was totally there on Magnum PI and 80s TV, lol. Good times!

    ReplyDelete