Friday, September 22, 2017

A letter to myself...





Dear young Cary...

There are so many things I wish you had known about as a young girl. 

There is no reason to be so concerned about what others think about you.  You are adorable! Don't put so much stock in other's opinions. Just because someone says it doesn't make it true.

You are lovely. Beautiful. So different from everyone around you. And, that's a good thing.
Image result for kind
You don't need to compromise yourself to make and keep friends.  You have standards. Don't lower them for anything.

You have a beautiful body. There is no reason to alter it. To abuse it.  What others think about your body is not important.

You are smart.  You can do anything you set your mind to. So just DO IT. It doesn't matter if you don't succeed every time.  You can try, try again.

You have a huge heart. Sometimes that puts you in a situation where you choose others feelings over your own. That is ok. Just remember that your ideas and opinion make a difference.

Image result for beautifulDo what you feel is the right thing to do. Do it every.single.time. In the end, kindness and compassion make the most sense.

Choose your friends wisely. Give all you have to your relationships.  Don't hold back. You might get hurt, but you need to press on.

You are a beautiful, caring, sensitive girl. Stay that way.

Hugs.
The older Cary

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful ! I love letters to self <3 Thank you for sharing yours with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!❤️
    I wish I could tell my younger self things like this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful letter, very sensitive. You are a beautiful person, sharing and helpful in the art community and that's great. Sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful words for a young person. I too, wish I'd been able to know I was just as good and just as valuable as everyone else when I was young. Thank you for sharing your heart with us Cary.
    -Dina Martinez

    ReplyDelete