Saturday, September 9, 2017

Oh, Ancestry.com...how I love thee...

I had my DNA tested this past year. I was somewhat surprised by the results. I had always believed I was mostly Danish, Norwegian and British. Hmmmm, let's see what the results said...



I went back and looked over my ancestry.com dna result. It's so cool.


Europe West 80% (Belgium France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein)
Great Britain 7% (England, Scotland, Wales)
Ireland 5%
Scandinavia 4% This one - major surprise. I totes thought we were much more Norwegian and Danish!
Finland/Northwest Russia 2%
and...
less than 1% European East and Italy/Greece


Darn. I am 0% Polynesian. Seriously. If I was even .1% Polynesian, I'd be moving to the Pacific Ocean! I adore everything Polynesian.


Have YOU had this dna test done?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy tracing my family tree, but I have to do it in small doses.
    I really want to do the DNA test, but it hasn't been in the budget yet.
    One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself I'm going to do the DNA test. I know my paternal grandparents came from Yugoslavia, my maternal from Canada. French Canadian is assumed, but could be Irish and so much else in there with the Ojibwe that is obvious in our appearance. And as for the European? If there isn't some Middle East influence in there, I'd eat my hat. Yes, I've talked myself into it again. I must do this.

    ReplyDelete