Thursday, September 6, 2018

If you won the lottery...

I play the lottery. Not often, and not seriously.  I happen to love scratcher tickets - the BINGO ones are my favorite.

I've never won more than $10. But I still play once in a while. Usually when driving through different states. It's fun.

Do you play the lottery? Right now, Powerball is worth over $114 million. What?? MegaMillions is at $187 million.

Seriously.

What would you do with money won from the lottery? If you really could truly spend it however you wish?

These are the things I would do...

  • Allow my hubs to retire...immediately. He has worked long and hard bringing home the bacon for our family, letting me stay at home with the kids. He deserves it.
  • I would buy a new house. Not here, but somewhere beautiful. (and have someone ELSE clean and cook!)
  • I would set up my kids and granddaughter a fund of some sort (I'd need a lawyer for that. Not sure how to do that!)
  • I would fly to Europe and spend a month there. In one of my previous posts, I list the places I'm longing to visit.
  • I would have someone train our dog. And live with me forever to make sure he stays trained.
  • I'd gift some cash to our immediate families. There's a bunch of us, so probably not a ton of dough, but some to make them smile.
  • I would make a donation to a few charities.  I also have a friend who works with women in Africa and the Caribbean teaching them marketable skills - I'd love to fund one of her trips and join her on the adventure.
  • I'd buy new cars. A few of them. I didn't know how badly I need this car until now! It's a Bugatti Chiron. I've never even heard of Bugatti!
  • I'd get my teeth fixed. I'm going to need a million dollars at the rate I am going! :)
  • I'd open an art studio. And fly in teachers from all over to give lessons.
  • Put a bunch in savings.
Now, I understand that I probably would need closer to a billion dollars to do everything I would like to.  
I also realize I have not even scratched the surface of the things I would like to do.  
Most of these things seem selfish - they are things that are at the top of my list, though that would bring me so much joy to do.

What would YOU do if you won the lottery?


No comments:

Post a Comment