Monday, April 9, 2018

My travel bucket list...

I've traveled. Not a ton, but some.  I have been to Canada, Mexico, Hawaii and all over the United States.

But I definitely have a list of places I want to go before I die.  Some of them may not seem like great tourist destinations.

And, just FYI - I don't do cruises or anything that involves me being in the ocean.

That said, here goes...


  1.  Scotland  
I have an affinity for all things Scottish. Well, maybe not haggis. But kilts...yes ma'am. A deep Scottish brogue? Of course. And the castles. Oh my, the castles!!
    2. Next is Australia. 
     Mind you, I haven't always wanted to visit Australia. In fact, when I hear the word Australia, the first thing I think of it SHARKS. I can't get them out of my mind.  But...I have friends in Australia now, so that gives me a reason to visit, right?? And, almost every animal there (besides sharks) are freaking adorable.

    3.Greenland/Iceland
    Greenland or Iceland - not exactly what most people think of when they are considering a vacay.  But...I have seen some documentaries, and it looks absolutely. stunningly. beautiful. I think I would choose Iceland over Greenland, if I had to.  But, look at these pictures!

    4. St. Lucia
    I wasn't even sure where St. Lucia was.  
    See that teeny tiny country on the far right? The yellow one? 
    That is it. Did you know where it was? 

    Tell the truth. You had no idea either.
    From the pictures I have seen, it seems like an amazingly lush gorgeous destination - especially if you are looking for some serious r and r.

    5. Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
    Amsterdam, as I understood it in high school, was a place to do 2 things.  Get stoned and get a prostitute.  I have broadened my horizons, though, and discovered there is tons of history in this area of Europe, and I don't want to miss a bit of it!
    And, I wanna park my boat directly outside of my house.

    6. Egypt
    Ok.  I have a few reservations about Egypt.  From people I know that have visited, it is not the most luxurious spot to hang in for a week.  The weather is bad, there are so many tourists you can't move freely, and most vendors are trying to rip you off - seriously. There are a lot of pick-pockety types there. 
    That all said - I want to stand where people I have read about in the Bible have stood.  For this reason, I really would love to visit Jerusalem, also, but all the bombings and attacks freak me out a bit.
    And no - if I get myself to Egypt, I have no desire to ride a camel.

    7. Budapest (Hungary)
    Budapest has recently hit my radar - it is such a beautiful place, with so much history. You can float down the Danube river,  visit one of the many thermal pools, fun!

    8. France - another place I hadn't really been DYING to visit.  I mean, Paris, everything about it seems so cliche'.
    But then I started getting a serious interest in art.  And the art that is in France - some of the most famous and historical pieces are there on display and in the architecture. 
    Notre Dame is there.  The Arc de Triomphe is there.  There are castles. There are lovers. There is so stinking much to see!  
    And, I have a serious itching to get into those catacombs. Scary!


    9. Denmark/Finland/Norway
    I want to go to these countries. Because I am a Viking. I know I am.  Seriously. They were fierce. 
         And a fjord - I mean, who could NOT want to see that?


    10. Prague (Czech Republic)
    lastly - Prague. My mom got to visit (no fair).  It looks like a magical fairy place. And I cannot wait to visit.

    And, though it didn't make it on the list - I have wanted to go to Dubai for a few years now.  My husband asked why on earth I wanted to visit there. 
    I really thought about it.  The reason I want to visit Dubai is because I saw a tv show where these women visited - and the plane ride there and back they got to sleep in these amazing little pods/rooms - for 24 hours! That sounds heavenly to me. So, Dubai - not so much.  Pod/rooms on an airplane? Yes, please!


Where is your heart aching to visit?

8 comments:

  1. I love St. Lucia! I spent 8 glorious days there for my honeymoon 18 years ago and then we got to visit for a day 5 years later when we went on our cruise for our anniversary. LOVE. THAT. ISLAND! Make sure you get sunset seating at the Flying Catfish for dinner. Right on the beach with an AMAZING view of the sunset!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The catacombs in Paris were so cool! I was fortunate to be able to see them when I was there many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I have no desire to travel. But I think it is really cool that you do. I hope you are able to get to every place you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have wanderlust because I want to travel so badly.
    I have wanted to go to England/Ireland for so long now, and I have added Scotland to that list (Thanks Outlander!).
    Poland/Ukraine to do some genealogy and see where my family came from.
    New Zealand because HOBBITS!
    And there are a few other places on my wish list. But those are my tops for overseas I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I figured out how to comment on your bligπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Best wishes on your travel dreams❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite book is my passport. I have a pair of hiking boots that have walked on four continents. Three to go! Follow your wanderlust!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you! Lots of those places are on my bucket list, too. I DID go to Dubai a couple of years ago, though. I was scared to go, but I went to meet my deployed husband while he was on liberty. It was awesome! It's the most modern city I've ever seen (which makes sense as it was built so recently). Anyway - don't be scared to add it to your official list. It's a super interesting destination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pods look totally intriguing! And that gargoyle/statue in France...wow. Now you've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete