Saturday, November 3, 2018

An amazing opportunity...

Do you art journal?Do you know what art journaling is?If you look up art journaling online, you will find a description similar to this:


An art diary, art journal or visual journal is a daily journal kept by artists, often containing both words and sketches, and occasionally including mixed media elements such as collages.

Is this something you do already?
Is it something you'd like to start doing?

Here is the PERFECT opportunity to get started, or to light your creative fire for the new year!

I have an amazing friend. Her name is Effy Wild.  And, she has asked me to be a teacher in a collaborative e-offering called Book of Days 2019 (BOD2019).  

Here's what it is...
  • An e-course for every stage of artist, from beginner to expert
  • If you don't have a journal to work in already, Effy will teach you how to make your very own
  • You will get in depth, step-by-step tutorials from Effy herself (at least 12!) and...
  • In-depth lessons from 13 of Effy's "All-Stars" - All of her favorite art journal artists
  • plus - at least 12 lessons from the "Rising Stars" - Effy's favorite newly emerging teachers
  • with every lesson you can get support from the teacher and a full-length PDF you can print to have on hand - forever!
  • Access to a private Facebook group where you can post your progress, ask questions, and make friends with tons of other art journalists!
  • You will get an interview done with each and every artist in the program - that's exciting!
If you are ready to purchase now - click here

Here's the lovely introduction from Effy's site for me: I’m a Virginia Mama (and grandma now, too!). I live with our 14 year old son, husband, 2 cats and 1 huge dog. I grew up in Northern Idaho and Southern Arizona. I have a Bachelor’s degree in English (which I finished almost 25 years after I started!). Luckily, I’ve mostly been a stay-at-home mom. I struggle with major anxiety and depression, which I find hinders and helps my art. I get comments regularly like, “Your girls look so sad!” or “why aren’t they ever smiling?” I find that every face I produce has it’s own personality, and, like actual people, aren’t always portrayed with a huge smile. (I get accused of having a serious RBF!) I have always loved creating things, but really didn’t start arting seriously about 6 years ago. There are a ton of ways to produce art, but I think my favorite is with graphite and acrylics.  I am self-taught (well, I have watched many artists work, taken hundreds of classes, but no professional training).  I have many artistic influences which include Effy Wild, Tam LaPorte, Jane Davenport, and Kara Bullock (just a few of my favs!).
“My art journal is the place I know I can create, quickly, or in a longer process, and it really doesn’t matter if there are “mistakes”. If worst comes to worst, I can turn the page and start fresh.  I have learned from lessons with Effy that the background matters, so I have really taken to using song lyrics and phrases to scribble in the background. It adds so much emotion and really brings the entire piece together.”
I love Cary because she has an immediately identifiable style that comes across so clearly to my eyes. Her portraits are deceptively simple, beautiful, and meaningful. She brings a wealth of humour to the table as a teacher as well!

Here are the All Star instructors - Tamara Laporte, Nolwenn Petitbois, Sarah Trumpp, Cristin Chambers, Iris Fritschi-Cussens, Marieke Blokland, Kiala Givehand, Tiare Smith, Cary Cutler Scholes, Lee Clements, Michelle Rydell, Tangie Baxter, and Micki Wilde

And meet the Rising Stars - Shai Bearden, Isabelle Savignac, Laura Edwards, Amanda Fall, Sal Shiebe, Rachael Caringella, Elizabeth Watkin, Marit Barentsen, Lynn Wilson, Amy Carden, Eva Chancellor, and Rachel Harries


Wanna see more details? How about an intimate introduction to every single teacher? Check it out here!

Now - the price.  Usually BOD2019 is offered for $120 for the entire year. That is only $10 a month for your lessons!

But, as an early bird - you can snatch up this amazing class for only $99! That is $8.25 a month. Click here to purchase!

There are also payment plans you can choose to use.  Or, bundle a bunch of Effy's offerings together (click here!)



Cary will be featured in April 2019!
  



Have I enticed you enough?
Yes? Come check it out!
Watch for a newsletter I'm putting together - and please, follow my blog if you'd like more, up-to-date exciting news!

I hope to see you in BOD 2018! Click here to join!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment