Sunday, March 25, 2018

March for Our Lives...

I know. Everyone around me is getting sick of listening to me go on about gun control.  I know I have an opinion on it that isn't appreciated by most.

But my opinion aside - can you believe what happened yesterday in places all around the world?
Thousands and thousands of people, with a HUGE number of them being kids, gathered in the nation's capital and other cities around the world to demand that action be taken against gun violence - and it was led by survivors of the school massacre in Parkland, Florida.

The DC march was funded by celebrities (www.washingtonpost.com). 
But celebrities weren't who we were watching.

It was the kids.  Kids who are screaming for our legislature to stop ignoring what is happening in our schools.  

Stop ignoring the everyday violence brought on by guns.

Kids who will not stand for this any more.

Cameron Kasky, a Stoneman Douglas student, said to a crowd that packed at least 10 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue, "To the leaders, skeptics, and cynics who told us to sit down, stay silent, and wait your turn: 

Welcome to the revolution.  

Either represent the people or get out.  

Stand for us or beware. 

The voters are coming."


I was disappointed in myself yesterday for not making the trek to DC to stand with these kids.

These brave kids.

These brave kids who are the future of this country.

(courtesy of my pal Kara Bullock)

Have you heard of Emma Gonzalez? 
I suggest googling her if not.  
She took the stage to give her speech, tears running down her face.

She stood silently for nearly 7 minutes, the time it took the Parkland shooter to kill 17 people.

Image result for emma gonzalez speech



Image result for protect kids not guns

I'm not going to go on and on. Nor am I going to argue my point.

Just really, really think about these kids...
and the way they are going to 

change

our

world.


1 comment: